Common Good Recent Employment Opportunity – Apply Now: Download the Application forms online. The comprehensive Steps on How to Apply for the Job opportunity available at Common Good is as follows.
Job Title: Head of Education
Location: Cape Town
As the Head of Education, the incumbent will ensure that each Principal and School Leadership Team receives the appropriate balance of challenge, support and professional development that facilitates school improvement and crucially, achieves outstanding outcomes for learners. He/She will provide senior school leaders with the high-level direction and expertise required to enable him/her to provide purposeful leadership on a daily basis and to deliver an outstanding education for all learners through consistent and sustained improvement.
The Head of Education will be responsible for:
- Leading and working closely with the Head of Academics and Instructional Development in ensuring clear alignment of key school improvement priorities and rigorously monitor progress against the actions required to meet them
- Direct management, coaching and mentoring of each Principal to ensure both in-school and systematic improvement
- Establishing a shared culture between schools that enables everyone to work collaboratively, share best practice, celebrate success and accept responsibility for outcomes
- Ensuring that the schools (under the day-to-day leadership of the Principals) make rapid and sustained improvement, with minimal disruption to progress ensuring that aspirations and standards continue to rise over the long term
- Ensuring that each Principal and School Leadership Team receives the appropriate balance of challenge, support and professional development that facilitates school improvement and crucially, achieves outstanding outcomes for learners. You will provide senior school leaders with the high level direction and expertise required to enable him/her to provide purposeful leadership on a daily basis and to deliver an outstanding education for all learners through consistent and sustained improvement.
- Leading the design, direction and management of professional development of a group of Principals and School Management Team (SMTs) members, enabling us continually to raise the aspirations of learners and teachers alike. Evaluation of the success of initiatives and a readiness to change plans based on the success or failure of initiatives is essential.
- Working to unite all schools in an unwavering commitment to the highest achievement for all, regardless of background or ability.
- Playing a key role in the transition of schools into the Common Good Collaboration Schools network, embedding the Common Good vision and standards, ensuring proper induction for principals and their teams, and identifying specific areas for targeted intervention, as well as leading the design of school improvement plans.
- Working closely with Common Good’s senior leaders to develop a range of communication strategies that strengthen the profile of Common Good and each of our schools with parents, stakeholders and the entire community we serve.
The Head of Education must meet the following criteria:
- Recognised REQV14 teacher qualification / Recognised 3 to 4-year teaching qualification
- At least 7 years actual teaching experience or direct experience working with individual schools to improve results
- Minimum of 5 years in school management
- Experience of having worked successfully in at least one school in an urban, multi-cultural setting, teaching students from backgrounds of socio-economic disadvantage
- Successful team leadership and strong track record of results
- Managed budget and financial processes
- Skillful and engaging leadership and political nous for maintaining effective working relationships with parents and other stakeholders
- Passion for Social Justice demonstrated through background/experience
- Legislation and current international thinking on education achievement and improvement
- Experience leading a network of schools highly advantageous
It is expected to close by Friday 28th February 2020
Getting timely information matters, connect with us through Facebook to receive oppurtunities. Welcome.