The Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa (HPCA) Latest Employment Vacancy 2020: Download the Application forms online. The comprehensive Steps on How to Apply for the Job opportunity available at The Hospice Palliative Care Association of South Africa is as follows.
Job Title: Testing, Linkage & Retention Mentor
Location: Gert Sibande District (1) and Ehlanzeni District (1) – Mpumalanga
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to staff, CBOs, WBPHCOTs and government structures in day to day roll out of HIV Testing Services, Referral Systems, Linkage and Retention in Care, Adherence Clubs and viral load suppression on APACE Community interventions. Positions based in Gert Sibande District (1) and Ehlanzeni District (1) – Mpumalanga.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Coordinate Targeted Community HIV Testing Services
Create an enabling environment for the provision of community based HIV Testing Services, provide technical assistance to WBPHCOTs/ CBOs to strengthen HTS in the community. Implement targeted community strategies to enhance update of community HTS & linkage to care among children, AGYW, men and key population. Support door to door index HIV testing in targeted high HIV prevalence and hard to reach areas, coordinate targeted & integrated community outreach interventions to increase Early Infant Diagnosis & Paediatric HIV testing. Create demand for HIV self-testing in the community, Leverage critical entry points for HIV cases, ensure quality & proficiency testing of HIV test kits in the communities.
- Active Referral and Linkage to Care
Support active referral of HIV positive clients from community to facilities for linkage to care and treatment initiation, Leverage community & facility sensitization and mobilization to increase acceptability of community HTS results and foster early linkage to care & treatment initiation. Improve communication & coordination to ensure coverage and update of HTS & linkage is achieved. Interface with Department of Health to strengthen commodity supply chain for community based testing. Support community ART initiation & linkage to rapid initiation of ART; Strengthen facility linkage to community care & support services; Improve bi-directional referral systems between community and facility-based services; Improve utilization of community-based health information systems to track community/facility referral.
- Adherence Support and Retention in Care
Collaborate with CBOs and CSOs to mobilize demand for HIV treatment services, deploy staff to trace Pre-ART patients and ART defaulters; support community-based HIV services for new ART patients; Differentiate HIV treatment services for priority populations with age-appropriate and targeted approaches for children, AGYW and men; expand Central Chronic Medicine Disease Dispensing and Distribution Program to improve access to medicines in communities; Integrate NACS into Adherence Clubs. Support Linkage and retention officers and WBPHCOTs / CBOs to trace patients LTFU and those with virologic failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ND: Bachelor in Health, Public Health or related field
- Nursing degree will be advantageous
- 5 to 7 Years’ experience in HIV/AIDS or Public Health field
- 3-5 Years’ experience in HIV Testing Services & application testing of modalities
- 3-4 Years’ experience in Referral Systems and pathways, linkage and retention
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Technical, professional knowledge and expertise including analysis, documentation and dissemination of results.
- Customer centric focused
- Problem solving, and solution focused
- Communication skills including report writing and analysis.
- Building and leading a high-performance team
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage high volume work flow with minimal supervision.
- Conflict handling
- Innovative thinking
Please submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Friday, 14 February 2020
Getting timely information matters, connect with us through Facebook to receive oppurtunities. Welcome.