Equal Education (EE) Latest Employment Opportunity 2020 – Apply Now: Download the Application forms online. The comprehensive Steps on How to Apply for the Job opportunity available at Equal Education is as follows.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Khayelitsha, Cape Town
The position is situated within EE’s Senior Management Team (SMT). The Operations Manager helps coordinate the SMT which is responsible for overseeing organisational strategy and implementation of objectives as defined by the National Council, EE’s highest decision making body. The Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the organisation, including leading a small core team within the Operations Department and also supports various departments within EE.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of social movements, organising and the civil society context in South Africa.
- Strong project management and coordination skills.
- Build internal capacity of staff and management.
- Delegate effectively.
- Operationalise the long term three year strategy and plans for the organisation. This will require working in close proximity with the office of the General Secretary.
- Support different departments to think about their work and translating these into tangible and practical outputs.
- Support EE’s fundraising work when called upon to.
- Develop a learning culture with relevant and appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools or practices
- Demonstrated interest in politics
- Demonstrate understanding of democracy and participatory decision-making
- Ensuring the achievement of movement objectives by maintaining and developing systems which ensure the effective running of the organisation.
- Support the General Secretary and Deputy General Secretary in advancing a clear strategic agenda for the organisation.
- Supporting the General Secretary in providing oversight and guidance in the development of a strong management team.
- Leading and managing EE’s day to day operational and administrative tasks.
- Support the Heads of Province in Gauteng and Eastern Cape with overseeing the Office Managers, and supporting the administration team in the realisation of its provincial objectives.
- Overseeing the HR team to ensure the implementation of policies and the identification of opportunities to develop staff politically, professionally and personally.
- Identifying best practices and improving internal systems that are forward looking.
- Providing input on the development of policies that guide EE’s work both internally and externally
- Provide direct management of the Office Manager at the national office.
- Ensure effective communication of EE’s organisation wide goals and operational plans at all levels of the organisation, including National Council.
- Develop appropriate M&E tools to evaluate and monitor progress of organisational objectives.
- Coordinating or informing projects which arise due to emergent movement objectives or organisational needs.
- Coordinate SMT to ensure oversight over organisational strategy and implementation of objectives as defined by the National Council. This includes taking responsibility for the national finances, operations, policy and Human Resources.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Deadline orientated.
- Results driven.
- Decision-making skills.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Understanding of HR and finance systems.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- Fully computer literate
- Experience working in a donor funded environment.
- Experience in a senior operations position.
- Experience in HR Management.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
Qualification and experience:
- Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the same/or similar role.
Level: This is a senior level position. R528 000 – R600 000 per annum.
Each application should include a CV and a letter of motivation. Each document must be saved with your name, surname and the type of document: eg. xxx_xxx_CV. Please save all documents in pdf. format. You should motivate specifically for the position you are applying for and also detail your interest and suitability to work at EE. Generic cover letters are strongly advised against.
Please include three contactable references.
The email subject line must clearly state the position you are applying.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: The Equal Education (EE) Latest Employment Opportunity is expected to close on Friday, 6 March 2020 at mid night.
Getting timely information matters, connect with us through Facebook to receive oppurtunities. Welcome.