NSFAS Appeal Form 2020 PDF Download. The appeal form for NSFAS 2020 is available in PDF for download. NSFAS Application Rejected? No worries, this information will surely guide You on the steps to take to appeal and your sad face will turn out happy.
NSFAS Appeal Letter 2020, download nsfas appeal motivation letter pdf, National Student Financial Aid Scheme Appeal form… Read more…
The Management of National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) announces the procedures to use for NSFAS application appeal for 2020/2021.
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify. Last year they approved more than 300 000 applications for funding – but they also rejected 65 000.
How To Appeal NSFAS Rejection
If your application is refused you can appeal to NSFAS to reconsider.
students can submit appeals directly to NSFAS, along with the required documentation, to [email protected].
NSFAS Rejection Appeal Requirements
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- Material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- Student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved post graduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
Have You submitted the appeal form and want to check your status again, see how to check your NSFAS Status
Students are encouraged to log in on the myNSFAS self-service portal www.nsfas.org.za to check their application status update, for those students that have been approved for funding, their status will now reflect as: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’, and for those who have been rejected for funding, the status will reflect as ‘Application unsuccessful’.