NSFAS Appeal 2023 is available for those who have been declined funding from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). This process is available for students who believe that they meet the criteria for NSFAS funding but were not approved due to various reasons to request a review of their application.
NSFAS Appeal status 2023, download nsfas appeal motivation letter pdf, National Student Financial Aid Scheme Appeal form… Read more…
The Management of National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) procedures to use for NSFAS application appeal for 2023/2024 has been announced.
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify. Last year they approved more than 941,491 students’ applications for funding out of 1.6 million funding applications. This means there were 317,335 applications that were not successful.
It’s important to know that you have the option to appeal the decision through the NSFAS appeals process. Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- Material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- Student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved post graduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
Additionally, To increase the chances of a successful appeal, it is important for students to provide as much supporting evidence as possible, and to ensure that their application is complete and accurate. It is also recommended that students seek the advice of a qualified financial aid advisor or student support services, who can provide guidance and assistance throughout the process.
How to Appeal NSFAS Application Online 2023
If your application was rejected, start with these to send NSFAS appeal for 2023 application.
- Go to NSFAS portal – myNSFAS.
- Log into your myNSFAS account with your credentials.
- Click the ‘Track Funding Progress’ option.
- Check the application progress tabs.
- If your application status reflects an unsuccessful message, you may submit an appeal by clicking on the ‘Submit Appeal Tab’.
- Once you are on the ‘Application Appeal’ page, you can see the reason for your unsuccessful application status.
- You are then able to choose the appeal reason.
- Upload certified supporting documents to support your reason.
- Click ‘Submit Appeal’.
NSFAS no longer accepts appeals through email, please follow the above steps
IMPORTANT: You must make your appeals 30 days after NSFAS notifies you of your application rejection.
Have You submitted the appeal form and want to check your status again, see how to check your NSFAS Status
Students are encouraged to log in on the myNSFAS self-service portal www.nsfas.org.za to check their application status update, for those students that have been approved for funding, their status will now reflect as: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’, and for those who have been rejected for funding, the status will reflect as ‘Application unsuccessful’.
Like the Article? If Yes, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel. You can also catch up with us on Facebook, Thanks.
See More: National Student Financial Aid Scheme | www.nsfas.org.za
I sent my application form via email and I never got a response and never got a tracking code. I do not know what to do.
I would like to appeal a rejected application for NSFAS 2021.
Can someone please send me the appel from please 0719856830
I need to appeal for NSFAS 2021 please help me with the form
I need NSFAS appeal form
I need nsfas appeal form 2021 please i really need Asaps
I appreciate what NSFAS is doing for students ,Some of stundents are in need of NSFAS .Please were Appeal
I am a first year student at Nelson Mandela University .
I applied for nsfas in 2019 and I reapplied last year but when I’m checking my status it shows 2020.when I’m going to the Financial Aid office they are saying I have no active application for 2021,please assist.
My nsfas is stuck on DHV…. I need to appeal
I am a new student in TVET college
i need help i only found out that my application was unsuccessful . i need help on how to do the appeal i cannot get it on my student portal
If your application was to UNISA this link https://www.uj.ac.za/studyatUJ/Student-Finance/Documents/NSFAS%20Appeal%20Form%20May%202021.pdf will be useful to you, if not, please respond with the institution you applied to
i have been looking for an appeal form it has been month now but i do not get it .
cam someone please help me?
nelson mandela university is my institution
Help me please appeal my nsfas or how to appeal it please
I tried finding 2022 Appeal but I failed
Can someone please help me if you got it here is my email
I need appeal form where can I find it I’ve tried so many times to check it on website but I can’t find it?
We are sorry for the difficulty you faced with the application, please check the link in the article, it has been updated.
i have been trying to get appeal form but i cannot find it in my portal
My 2022 NSFAS application was unsuccessful, i want to appeal but I don’t find the appeal form to download, kindly assist
I have been trying to get access on an appeal form. So far I’ve been unsuccessful in it. Would like some assistance in this matter.
I’m sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you, please did you click the link that was earlier provided in this article and if you did, what exactly was the problem?
My name is Busisiwe Khoza, I am struggling to find the appeal form for 2022 to be able to do appeal for the funding.
My email address is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Hello, i have been trying to search for NSFAS appeal form for 2022 with no luck, i only get the 2021 appeal form. what must i do in this situation?
I have appealed but my appeal was unsuccessful which i think its not properly fair as i have started to enroll at University 2019 and now am left with 2 module that are less than 60 credits so wat can be done