Department of Sport, Arts and Culture Bursary Scholarship Programme 2023/2024
Department of Sport, Arts and Culture Bursary is currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture invites applications for bursaries from institutions accredited and registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training for students who wish to pursue studies in heritage related programmes.
Fields of study
- Anthropology (exclusively with a focus on forensic / medical anthropology)
- Archaeology (exclusively with a focus on marine and underwater cultural heritage, and forensic)
- Archives and Records management
- Conservation of the built environment including preventive conservation
- Collections (cultural & natural) management (Not Nature Conservation)
- Museum Studies or Management and Curatorship
- IKS or Courses that contribute to the preservation and promotion of Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS) and S.A. Living Heritage
- Marketing of heritage
- Digital heritage
- South African citizenship;
- Letter of provisional acceptance / letter of admission from the institution;
- Not older than forty (40) years;
- Outstanding / satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if already at an institution) or (Grade 12 if you are a 1st year student);
- Field of study (heritage related)
- Not employed full time by government, state agencies or private sector with a salary of more than R130 000.
- Students who are beneficiaries of other bursaries or donors for the 2023 academic year will not be considered.
Bursary EnquiriesEnquiries regarding the bursary applications should be directed to Ms Reinette Stander at telephone: 083 469 2931 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or to Mr Maano Muhadi at telephone: 012 441 3622 or by email to email@example.com
Conditions of BursaryNB: Institutions should please note that their programmes would be verified for South African Qualifications Authority compliance requirements.
- The maximum value of the bursary is R110 000 per student.
- Study fees: The total amount of study fees will be covered.
- Books: The total amount of prescribed books will be covered.
- Laptops not costing more than R10 000. This will be paid according to receipt/invoices of three quotations.
- Accommodation: R 50 000 maximum amount (NB where applicable)
- Meals: R 18 500 maximum amount (NB where applicable)
- NB: Funds are payable directly to the higher institution of learning
Application Form Application-form-2023.docx
Applications should only be sent to: Heritagebursary@dsac.gov.za Applications not sent to email address provided will not be considered. There should be one focal point in each institution for the collation and submission of all applications received. Students are requested to complete the attached application form and send it together with the latest academic results or academic record; certified copy of ID; and university provisional acceptance letter or admission letter.
Applications submitted physically or via email by an individual student and not by an institution where the student is provisionally or admitted to study will not be considered. Late applications will not be accepted.
Field of Study Heritage Resources Marketing Museum Management and Curatorship Earth Sciences Geography Archaeology & Environmental Studies Biological and Life Sciences Animal Plant & Environmental Sciences Conservation and Preservation Archeology Geology Postgraduate Studies and Research Anatomical Science
Like the Article? If Yes, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel. You can also catch up with us on Facebook, Thanks.
See More: Arts and Culture Bursary Department of Sport