Siemens Engineering and Technology Stream Bursary is currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
We are looking for the real game changers, trend setters and innovators. If you are passionate about Engineering and Technology, then the Siemens Bursary Scheme is for YOU!
Who are We?
Siemens Proprietary Limited, South Africa is a local subsidiary of Siemens Aktiengesellschaft (“Siemens AG”) registered in Germany. Siemens AG is a global technology powerhouse that brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. The company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings, decentralized energy systems and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries.
What can you expect?
We want to empower you in order for you to reach your dreams and build your next adventure!
Siemens will fund students in the following fields of study:
- BSc/B.Eng. Electrical Engineering – Heavy Current
- BSc/B.Eng. Electronic/Engineering – Light Current
- BSc Information Technology
- B.Eng. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Mechatronics)
What are we looking for?
We are looking for those who share our values and have a real commitment to building a better future to join us.
Therefore, it’s important that you have done your research about our company and are clear as to why you are choosing to join us.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
The company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets under the Employment Equity Act will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with the POPI Act, GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email.
Academic and Personal Record:
- English – Level 5 and Above
- Pure Maths – Level 5 and Above
- Physical Science – Level 5 and Above
- Unemployed South African Citizen between 18 – 25 years
- Completed Matric/Grade 12
- A minimum Academic Average of 65% and above in the year that you are applying for the bursary i.e. in grade 12 or Tertiary Level
Conditions of Bursary
- Studying/be accepted to start studying full time within one of the fields of study stipulated above.
- The selected institution must be a locally recognized training institution
- The Student meet the registration criteria of the Training Institutions
- Proof of acceptance by the training institution is required before a bursary can be awarded.
- The student should not be receiving any other funding e.g. National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
- Preference will be given to Students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Students who meet the above minimum eligibility requirements may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation
- Should you meet the bursary academic criteria, our Siemens Recruiter/Bursary coordinator will contact you for a virtual video interview.
Upon successfully completing the process you will be awarded a Bursary for that particular year of study.
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- ID Document
- Matric Certificate – Grade 11 Results and Grade 12 Trial Marks which will become available in Aug/Sept 2022
- Fully Tertiary Academic Record (If Applicable)
- Willingness to work for the company during vacation periods
Upon receipt of all information and documents, your application will be reviewed.
Getting timely information matters, connect with us through Facebook to receive oppurtunities. Welcome.