AQUITY Innovations NPC Jobs 2020 for Social Worker x 4 available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Social Worker x 4 in AQUITY Innovations NPC.
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology.
AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: Social Worker x 4
Location: Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District (2) and Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni (2)
Remuneration: Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint Social Workers x 4 to be based in Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District (2)(Inqguza Hill & Port St Johns sub- districts and Mhlontlo & Nyandeni sub-districts and Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni District (2) ( Bushbuckridge & Thabachweu and Nkomazi and Mbombela)
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring that patients with TB receive the necessary support
- Conducting psychosocial Assessments of TB patients,
- Trauma debriefing (including bereavement counselling)
- Working as a member of the multisectoral case management team at supported facilities/sites
- Facilitating Trainings on TB and psychosocial support
- Assisting in educating patients and their families on TB prevention and management as well as on infection prevention measures;
- Assessing and linking patients to nutritional support services to speed up positive treatment outcomes, based on the individual needs of each patient
- Coordinating all nutritional support services
- Linking patients to external service providers when necessary and monitoring them till end of treatment. (e.g. Department of Social Development/Home Affairs/Rehabilitation centers)
- Ensuring optimal care, protection of human rights for patients and coordination services, including referrals as per need.
- Liaising with community networks and partners
- Conducting advocacy activities required to reduce stigma and discrimination against people with TB.
- Compiling periodic reports on a regular basis
- Performing any administrative duties as requested by the organisation
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP), and proof of registration with SACSSP.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the public health sector/clinical social work service delivery. Experience of working in the TB/HIV sector will be an added advantage
- Experience in working directly with persons who have chronic health conditions.
- Proven experience in all primary social work methods.
- Experience of working in high-risk communities
- Fluency in English and at least one local district/sub-district language.
- Preparedness to work after hours and weekends occasionally.
- Good interpersonal and report writing skills. Computer literacy in MS Office packages is a prerequisite.
- Strong leadership and coordination skills
- A Driver’s License a necessity.
Please go to https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment
Application Deadline: 25th September 2020.
Guess this advert on AQUITY Innovations NPC was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.