Do You want to connect with UP Alumni? We will discuss in detail contacts, profile updates, benefits, how to update your details to help You connect with the University of Pretoria Alumni.
The University of Pretoria (UP) We see today has produced many notable alumni. Hence, the Institution sees the need to create a website for all displaying profiles of alumni amongst a host of other things.
University of Pretoria Alumni Connect
Join the community now at www.upalumniconnect.com or download the UP Alumni Connect app. Search for “Graduway Community” on Google Play or the App Store.
How do I join the UP Alumni Connect Platform?
- Go to www.upalumniconnect.com andclick on “Get started”
- Sign up using your LinkedIn account or your Google or Facebook account or use your Email address.
- The team will verify that you are an alumnus/alumna/UP employee and approve you within 3 days.
- Sign in and enjoy the benefits.
How do I download the UP Alumni Connect app?
- Go to App Store or Play Store
- Search “Graduway Community”
- Install the app
- Select “University of Pretoria” as your institution
- Register or Login
What does UP Alumni Connect Platform offer to alumni?
- Reconnect with fellow alumni and renew old friendships by searching for people based on shared location, residences, faculty, interest groups, industry affiliation, etc. and by sending them messages
- Build professional networks by finding graduates that work in the same profession or industry or at specific companies or locations
- Serve as mentor and share their expertise with other graduates (or students) who indicate they are looking for mentors. Find suitable mentors based on industry, experience, location ….
- Search for jobs that require a university degree or post job advertisements to an audience of graduates
- Post events and send invitations to a targeted audience e.g. of faculty or residence reunions or receive invitations to events where they can build personal and professional networks
- Receive information on upcoming courses
- Share and view photos
- Post memories of university days, thoughts, news articles, ideas, suggestions and comments that are relevant to other alumni
- Receive news on what is currently happening at the University e.g. research projects
- Become actively involved by donating or offering services to the University.
UP Alumni Website
The University of Pretoria official website is quite different from the alumni website and can be accessed via www.up.ac.za/alumni. On the website, you can find news updates and magazines of UP Students who graduated years ago.
Benefits of connecting with Alumni
- Library Access
- Academic Transcripts
- Your career
- It helps you reconnect with former classmates and also to grow your professional network.\
- UP Alumni Connect will also keep you informed about what is happening at your alma mater and keep you up-to-date on events that are taking place.
How to update your University of Pretoria Alumni profile
You can easily update your profile on the website by following the steps below.
- Go to https://www.up.ac.za/alumni/alumniform to update your profile
- Enter your correct details
- On the section that says “How would you like to be contacted?” We suggest You set them both to Yes, but it’s your choice, I mean You may decide not to want to receive newsletters from the platform.
- Be sure to type the code You see, it is used to stop attacks from bad bots, then finally click submit feedback.
If you want to change your name or surname, you must attach a certified copy of your identity document. In case of changing your marital status, please attach a certified copy of your marriage certificate.
If You have lost any certificates, the Institution has records of all certificates and You can recover them from the University of Pretoria Student records, (fees may apply).
All complaints should be forwarded to the following contacts;
The main function of this division is to coordinate and manage alumni relations and associations with the University. This involves developing and maintaining local, national and international alumni groups through online and offline communications.
Kindly contact the Alumni Relations at Tel. +27 12 420 3086, should you receive any commercial mail not related to the University or Alumni relations that appears to be distributed by this office.
See More: University of Pretoria | www.up.ac.za