TUT Minimum Admission Requirements are essential for 2024 prospective students because not meeting the requirements may stop you from studying any of the courses.
The Management of Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) has beforehand published the minimum entry requirements for admission for 2024/2025 academic session. The published requirements are only the minimum requirements for all courses, each course has its own specific admission requirements.
TUT Courses and Requirements
For TUT courses and requirements for 2024 please refer to the prospectus. The prospectus carries information about this university from course information and requirements to how to apply.
TUT Minimum Requirements 2024
Here is the breakdown of the minimum admission requirements which every student must meet irrespective of your course of choice.
No person may be registered as a student in a programme of TUT, unless he or she has complied with the following
General admission requirements for TUT
- A pass mark in English at Senior Certificate level (minimum additional language; certain programmes may require first or home language status)
- Each course has its own specific admission requirements.
- Prospective students should note that the admission requirements of individual programmes could change from year to year.
- For some programmes, students will be required to write an admission test, which will determine whether they will be admitted to the programme, or whether it will be recommended to them that they enrol for a relevant foundation course.
- The following table indicates the levels of performance required for entry to specific levels of study:
TUT Requirements NSC – Gaps your profile
- Mathematics is relevant to programmes that require a prior knowledge of mathematics; all others may only require Mathematical Literacy. (Details of what each subject entails can be determined by looking at the DoE curriculum statements, available on the DoE website).
meeting TUT’s minimum requirements does not guarantee your admission, remember they are only the minimum, you do not want to just be barely above the minimum.
If there is low space available for admission, the university is most likely to admit those with better performance.
Secondly, each course has their requirement either slightly or measurably above the general requirements which you must also meet. No person who does not meet the requirements may complete TUT student registration.
Finally, if you want us to provide you with guidance, kindly let us know in the comments section, Regards.