NSFAS Online Application 2022 has been published online. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) online application form 2022 has been open for students who wish to apply for financial assistance to further their studies at any of the 26 public universities or 50 TVET colleges. Nsfas Appeal process
NSFAS APPLICATION REQUIREMENT
You must make sure all the requirements below are met before applying:
- be a South African citizen;
- Your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum;
- You are a SASSA grant recipient;
- You are registering for the first time for an undergraduate qualification at a public university or you are registered at a TVET college for one of the National Certificate Vocational or report 191 programmes;
- You are applying to study at a public university or TVET college for a qualification;
- You are an already registered university student with an annual household income of less than R122 000 per year;
- You have passed Grade 9 & 10 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a TVET college;
- You have passed Grade 12 to receive NSFAS funding to study at a university.
Who should not apply?
- Students that have completed a previous qualification.
- Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
- Students who have already applied, qualified, and received funding. They are automatically funded for the duration of their studies provided they pass their modules and meet the academic requirements.
- Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
WHAT THE NSFAS BURSARY FUNDS COVER?
- Tuition fee (total cost of study)
- Subsidized book allowances
- Subsidized accommodation to a maximum set by NSFAS
- Subsidized meal allowances
- Subsidized transport allowances for spending
- Registration fees
- Prescribed learning materials to a maximum set by NSFAS
- Personal care allowance
NSFAS BURSARY APPLICATION FORM 2022
Things to note before filling the NSFAS application form:
Make sure that you have certified and valid copies of the following documents before attempting to apply for funding:
- Your South African identity document/card (or an unabridged birth certificate (if you are younger than 16 years old)
- ID of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice stating income (SASSA slips are not required and SASSA should not be included as household income)
- A completed and signed consent form, which must be filled in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted and will be considered incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A from www.nsfas.org.za fill it in and submit it with your application
NB: The stamp on all certified documents should not be older than three months
HOW TO APPLY FOR NSFAS BURSARY
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, NSFAS bursary online application form portal is below.
Please note that financial assistance is only considered for students who have been accepted at a higher learning institution and meet all the requirements to study towards higher education.
Fully subsidized free higher education and training for poor and working-class South Africans.
NSFAS only provides financial support for the following postgraduate programmes:
B TECH: ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: ARCHITECTURE (PROFESSIONAL)
B TECH: BIOKINETICS
B TECH: BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: BIOTECHNOLOGY
B TECH: CARTOGRAPHY
B TECH: CHIROPRACTIC
B TECH: CLINICAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: DENTAL TECHNOLOGY
B TECH: EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
B TECH: ENGINEERING: CHEMICAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: CIVIL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: ELECTRICAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: INDUSTRIAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: MECHANICAL
B TECH: ENGINEERING: MECHANICAL: MECHATRONICS
B TECH: ENGINEERING: METALLURGY
B TECH: ENGINEERING: REFRACTORIES
B TECH: FORESTRY
B TECH: HOMOEOPATHY
B TECH: NURSING
B TECH: NURSING SCIENCE
B TECH: NURSING: COMMUNITY NURSING
B TECH: NURSING: PRIMARY HEALTH CARE
B TECH: NURSING: OCCUPATIONAL NURSING
- Postgraduate students in fields not mentioned above are advised to apply with the National Research Foundation (NRF). Visit www.nrf.ac.za for application dates
PLEASE NOTE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF:
You have already applied for 2022 on www.nsfas.org.za and have an application reference number
You already have NSFAS funding for 2019.
You already have an undergraduate degree/diploma or postgraduate degree other than the postgraduate qualifications listed below which you may apply for:
- B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
- B Tech – Engineering (all disciplines), Cartography, Forestry
- B Tech – Biokinetics, Biomedical Technology, Biotechnology
- B Tech – Chiropractic, Homoeopathy, all Nursing
- B Tech – Clinical or Dental Technology, Emergency Medical Care
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
How do you login into your Nsfas Account?
MyNsfas is the portal for Nsfas applicants to log in and access and manages important info regarding the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
If you’re an applicant with an existing account, you can sign in using your usernames and password or Facebook and Google accounts.
Your cellphone number or email address must be uniquely yours and cannot be shared.
If you are one of the NSFAS 2021 applicants whose application was unsuccessful and you have submitted an appeal, you may check your application results (nsfas status ) by logging into your myNSFAS account.
HOW TO RESET YOUR MYNSFAS ACCOUNT PASSWORD
Already have an account but forgot your MyNsfas account password?
Don’t panic, simply reset your Nsfas login password by:
- Clicking on the “forgot your password” tab and enter your ID number
- Choose whether you have forgotten your username and password and click “Submit“
- You will receive an OTP via email and SMS
- Type in the OTP you received and click “Submit“
- You will then be required to create a new password.
Did you know that if your myNSFAS portal account is locked, you need to reset your myNSFAS login details by clicking on the “forgot your password” link and following the steps provided?
If you have forgotten your MyNSFAS login details and do not have access to the email address or cell phone number on Nsfas system, you’re required to submit a certified affidavit requesting that your email and cell phone number be updated with the old and new details reflecting email@example.com.
NSFAS will release funding decisions for all applicants from January 06, 2021. Funding decisions will be communicated to applicants via the myNSFAS portal. Make sure you create or have access to your account.
NSFAS APPEAL PROCESS 2022
The NSFAS appeal process is now open. Closing date 15th May 2021.
NSFAS returning students who were not successful with obtaining NSFAS funding for 2021 can appeal.
The reason for appeal may be one of the following:
- Failure to meet the academic performance requirements (a student must pass at least 50% of modules enrolled for in the previous year)
- Change in family financial circumstances
- Incorrect academic results submitted, resulting in non-renewal of funding
- Loss of Bursary Sponsor
Check: NSFAS Appeal Form
Please make sure that you have all documents available when you appeal –These may include, but not be limited to, medical conditions, death of an immediate family member, academic transcript, payslips, etc. Please submit substantive documents to provide proof of your circumstances.
Applications without supporting documents will not be considered. Written motivation is not a substantive supporting document.
Please refer to your NSFAS portal for the rejection reason.
The appeal process is only open to students who were rejected or not funded – it is not a new NSFAS application process.
To appeal the NSFAS decision, please click here with all the relevant details and documents as well as the motivation for your appeal. Your appeal will be forwarded to the NSFAS Appeals Committee, which will assess each case individually.
Please ensure that you complete the form in full and submit it on or before 15th May 2021 at 18h00 so that we can conclude the process within a reasonable time. Recommendations will be sent to NSFAS who will do the final approval.
NAFAS APPLICATION STATUS 2022
Now you probably must have applied for NSFAS funding and you are curious about your application status.
The article below will help you to check for your nsfas application status.
How to track your application status:
- Login on the myNSFAS portal here
- Enter your username and password and sign in
- Click on Track Funding Progress
Once there, there are a number of results you might receive. Here are what you could receive and what they mean:
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded onto the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third-party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves staying on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through the NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.
If you want more info about Nsfas bursary Application for a specific University. Click on any of the links below.
NSFAS bursary closing date for 2022
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has extended its deadline for student financial aid to 21 January 2022.