National Coordinator Jobs 2020 for Tshintsha Amakhaya available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Tshintsha Amakhaya in National Coordinator.
Established in 2010, Tshintsha Amakhaya is a national alliance of NGOs working in solidarity with social movements to advance land, water and food justice.
The Alliance currently includes the following NGOs: The Association for Rural Advancement (AFRA), Border Rural Committee (BRC), Farmer Support Group (FSG), Legal Resources Centre (LRC), NKUZI Development Association, Support Centre for Land Change (SCLC), Surplus People Project (SPP), Trust for Community Outreach and Education (TCOE), Transkei Land Service Organisation (TRALSO) and Women of Farms Project (WFP).
Job Title: National Coordinator
Location: Cape Town
Tshintsha Amakhaya seeks an experienced National Coordinator who will lead the implementation of the current three-year programme, which came into effect on 1 July 2020.
The National Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Coordinating the operations of the TA alliance and its strategic objectives
- Conceptualizing and driving, as part of a national team, the national programme as defined by the strategic partners Supports the programmatic work of the TA Alliance
- Coordinating and leading financial sustainability, reporting and fundraising processes of the TA alliance Manages the TA organisational structure and teams within the alliance
- Liaising, facilitating and engaging with external stakeholders including government
- Keeping abreast of relevant policies in the sector for the TA alliance to engage with
- Convenes campaigns and supports and amplifies lobbying and advocacy initiatives of the TA Alliance and its strategic partners
The National Coordinator must meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in managing an organisation or managing programmes or networks
- Applied knowledge, meaningful engagement with current land affairs and experience within the civil society sector
- Experience with lobbying, advocacy and campaigning
- Good research and analytical skills
- Good project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities
- Good interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
- Good writing skills and presentation skills in English
- South African citizenship or permanent residence status
- Own transport and valid unendorsed Code 8 Driver’s license
- Strategic thinker, who works well in a collective
- Competent in self-management
- Extensive travel will be required
- Experience in land and agrarian reform
- Proficiency in two or more official South African languages
Surplus People Project serves as the host of Tshintsha Amakhaya, providing the financial and administrative support. The National Coordinator will enter into an employment agreement under the auspices of SPP. (Fixed term contract until 30 June 2023, subject to successful completion of a 6-month Probation Period).
Application Deadline: Wednesday 28th October 2020
Guess this advert on National Coordinator was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.