UNISA Teaching Assistants Application Forms for Vacancies are available. We, therefore, wish to announce UNISA’s call for applications for services as Online Teaching Assistants on an independent contract basis.
The University of South Africa (UNISA) is a leading distance education institution that provides high-quality and flexible learning opportunities to students around the world. If you are interested in working as a Teaching Assistant at UNISA, you will find the application form below.
However, only members of the public that meet these requirements may apply for apply, Applicants must
- Meet the College-specific minimum appointment criteria
- Have ongoing access to an internet-connected computer
- Be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, spread over most days of the week
- Have ongoing access to the internet at own cost
- Possess own copies of software packages that may be required for teaching e.g. Internet browsers, Word processing
- Have advanced computer skills, including of Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat – note: no training on using software packages and applications will be provided
- Be committed to meeting deadlines and have a passion for student-centered learning
- Have excellent communication skills and proficiency in English (all communication will be written)
- Being a former Unisa student would be an advantage owing to operational knowledge of the myUnisa platform
- Teaching experience will be an advantage
- Reside in South Africa
- Not currently hold a permanent or fixed term contract employment of Unisa
Please Note: Teaching Assistants and E-Tutors currently contracted should not apply.
Not qualified? see also: UNISA Internship Opportunities 2023
UNISA TEACHING ASSISTANT DUTIES
On employment, here are the duties you will perform as a UNISA teaching assistant:
1. Familiarise yourself online with the subject content of the course
2. Review and give feedback regarding the online study content and all assessments at
the start and during the semester
3. Familiarise yourself with the pedagogical approach followed to teach the online course,
including by attending required online training provided by Unisa
4. Familiarise yourself online with the myModules (myUnisa) learning platform, including
by attending required online training provided by Unisa
5. Actively engage and contribute on the TA support site, by performing tasks allocated
by lecturers and by assisting fellow TAs who are struggling
6. Actively mentor one or more new TAs to ensure they meet performance standards
7. Contribute with new ideas and draft content or assessment questions at the request of
8. Actively facilitate, support and guide student online learning for 250 assigned students
9. Facilitate subject-related student online discussions, per instructions of lecturers
10. Participate in online marking guideline meetings on Teams for approximately eight
assessments and a portfolio
11. Mark (grade) approximately eight student online assignments and a portfolio
12. Provide personalised feedback on approximately eight student online assignments and
13. Contribute to the preparation of online generic pre-guidance and post-feedback
regarding approximately eight online student assessments
14. Respond within 24 to 48 hours in a professional manner to student queries using the
15. Interact frequently online with the primary lecturer as directed
16. Fulfil online ad-hoc and administrative tasks related to the TA role, e.g., marking
spreadsheets, plagiarism reports, high risk student reports, etc.
Download UNISA Teaching Assistants Vacancies Application Form 2023
After going through the requirements, and reviewing the duties involved, if you are still interested in applying for the Teaching Assistant Job, please proceed to download the PDF below.
[su_button url=”https://www.unisa.ac.za/static/intranet/Content/Departments/HR/vacancies/docs/TA-%20Advert%202023.,.pdf” background=”#158a43″ center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: download” rel=”nofollow”]Download Form[/su_button]
Note: Find the application form on the last page of the PDF file above.
Getting timely information matters, connect with us through Facebook to receive oppurtunities. Welcome.