SANDF Recruitment 2023/2024 Intake Application Forms are available. 2024 Recruitment process is free, no money will be required from any person. Find & apply for available SANDF vacancies before the closing date.
The South African National Defence Force (SANDF) applications forms are available for members of the public who wish to join the South African National Defence Force (SANDF) in 2023 / 2024 through the Military Skills Development System.
Joining Overview 2024
There are two ways you can join the South Africa Reserve Force Division, either through the Military Skills Development System (MSDS) or through regional Centers.
The MSDS is a Department of Defence program that serves as the entry-level platform for young South Africans who want to follow a career in the South African National Defence Force (SANDF). The MSDS is a two-year voluntary service that is aimed at giving young people skills that will help them get great jobs in the workplace.
During the training programme, trainees receive a salary, accommodation, and food. In 2020 the MSDS opened for applications on the 20th January 2020. The closing date for SANDF 2020 was 28 February 2020
MSDS Shortlisted Candidates for the South African National Defence Force will have to undergo an initial period of 2 years of voluntary service.
After the initial 2 years of service, you’ll be offered a 5-year contract to join the reserves which can be renewed until the age of 65.
Direct recruitment is only applicable to people with special skills such as engineers, IT specialists, diesel mechanics, etc.
SANDF 2024 Intake Requirements
Candidates for the SANDF recruitment must meet the underlined requirements:
- A South African citizen.
- Medically, mentally and battle fit.
- Between the ages of 18 and 26 years (the required age varies according to the category of training/service) when joining for the first time. This age restriction does not apply to applicants with professional or critical skill qualifications required.
- You must have the attributes and qualifications which are required for your training.
- You must be able to perform the service or duties attached to the post for which you apply.
- If you are employed, your employer must be willing to grant special leave for military activities within reasonable demands.
- Have no criminal record.
- Training is provided to new recruits but due to the nature of the system, longer courses are presented in shorter flexible modules.
- Other corps may require you to have existing qualifications in that specific field. For example, to join the Air Force Reserves an applicant must have aviation-related expertise.
MSDS programme Requirements
Candidates for MSDD programme must:
- be a South African citizen.
- age between 18 and 22 years (Graduates up to the age of 26 years).
- bube currentlysy with the National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or have completed it.
- Not area bound.
- Have no record of a criminal offense.
- Be preferably single.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the South African National Defence Force.
- Be prepared to do Basic Military Training, Functional Training, and to serve in uniform.
SANDF Application Form 2023 / 2024
The forms can be found at all SANDF regional offices, as well as on the official SANDF website as from Monday, 16 January.
Apply through the Regional offices: Here is the table showing the list of regions where application forms are available in;
|Northern Cape||the Army Support Base recruitment office, Kimberley, General Khan van der Spuy Avenue, Diskobolos;|
|North West||the Army Support Base recruitment office, corner of Grobler Street (R53 Road) and Eleazer Road, Potchefstroom|
|Free State||the Army Support Base recruitment office, Pappa Brits Street, Tempe, Bloemfontein|
|Western Cape||the Castle of Good Hope recruitment office, block C, corner of Buiten and Strand Street, Cape Town|
|Limpopo||the Army Support recruitment office, building T143, Gateway Road, Polokwane|
|KwaZulu-Natal||recruitment office, Lords Ground Military Base, 186 Old Ford Road (K.E. Masinga Road), Durban;|
|Eastern Cape||the Army Support Base recruitment office, Willow Drive, Forest Hill, Port Elizabeth|
|Gauteng||the recruitment office, corner of Visagie and Paul Kruger Street, Pretoria Central|
|Mpumalanga||the Army Support Base, 8 Spruit Street, Mbombela, as well as 4 South African Infantry Battalion, corner of Dr Beyers Naudé and Boncker Street, Middelburg.|
You can try using the website through these steps:-
- Go to http://www.dod.mil.za/
- follow lead to apply for 2024 intake
Check also: SA Navy Application Form 2023-2024 PDF download
For more information, please visit the respective websites for the four armed services: the army, air force, navy and military health service, links to these forces can be found on www.dod.mil.za.