Deloitte – USAID Unlocking Southern Africa Solar (USAS) Jobs 2020 for Botswana Country Manager available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Botswana Country Manager in Deloitte – USAID Unlocking Southern Africa Solar (USAS).
The objective of USAID Unlocking Southern Africa Solar, a Task Order under the Power Africa IDIQ, is to accelerate the roll out of large-scale solar power in Southern Africa in order to contribute to Power Africa’s goals of adding 30 gigawatts of electricity and double electricity access in sub-Saharan Africa by 2030. More specifically, the USAS mechanism and related technical assistance represent a commitment of support for the Southern Africa large-scale solar development collaboration between USAID/Power Africa and its regional partners.
USAS is seeking a local candidate to fulfill the position of Botswana Country Manager. The Country Manager will help build political will for large-scale solar (PV and CSP) procurements in Botswana by developing and maintaining strong program relationships with Botswana’s government and energy sector stakeholders and guiding USAS program delivery and activities aligned closely with local needs and priorities. The Country Manager will be a local and accessible point of contact for Botswanan stakeholders and will help coordinate project responses to requests for support or information that arise during the program’s implementation. The Country Manager will also attend and speak at local meetings and/or events in support of USAS’ objectives.
Job Title: Botswana Country Manager
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Recruitment Type: Independent Consultant
Project: USAID Unlocking Southern Africa Solar (USAS)
Estimated Delivery Range: From 1 December 2020 to 30 November 2021
Activities: Lead and/or facilitate USAS Energy Sector Activities in Botswana
Estimated Level of Effort: 60 Days
Language Requirement: English
Opportunity Closing Date: 18 December 2020 at 17:00 SAST
- Identify and facilitate engagement with key government and energy sector stakeholders in Botswana and in the broader Southern Africa region
- Facilitate working sessions, workshops, conferences, or high-level meetings with project personnel and important national or regional stakeholders
- Stay abreast of current energy sector developments that might impact large-scale solar procurements in Botswana and advise USAS team on how to respond and adjust delivery, if necessary
- Attend local events and speak in support of the USAS’ objectives, as appropriate and in coordination with USAS Leadership and Power Africa
- Develop impactful communications materials that are tailored for the Botswanan context
- Contextualize recommendations and analysis for Botswanan stakeholders
- Support or lead the planning, preparation, and execution of trainings and capacity-building efforts
- Support the development and maintenance of a governance body for large-scale procurements in Botswana, attend the body’s meetings, and support stakeholders in identifying and addressing challenges through the governance body
- Serve as the primary point of contact for energy sector stakeholders and promote a high level of project responsiveness to those stakeholders
- Review and provide inputs for USA
Application Deadline: Friday, 18 December, 2020
Guess this advert on Deloitte – USAID Unlocking Southern Africa Solar (USAS) was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.
Not what you wanted? Use Advanced search
- Duration: 0
Like the Article? If Yes, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel. You can also catch up with us on Facebook, Thanks.