Aquity Innovations NPC Jobs 2020 for Social Worker available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Social Worker in Aquity Innovations NPC.
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Job Title: Social Worker
Location: South Africa
The incumbent will be responsible for rendering Mental health and psychosocial support services to patients on management and prevention of TB and COVID-19 during the current pandemic.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring that patients with COVID-19 receive the necessary support
- Conducting psychosocial Assessments of patients, clinical and non-clinical health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Trauma debriefing (including bereavement counselling)
- Working as a member of the multisectoral case management team at supported facilities/sites
- Facilitating Trainings on COVID-19, TB and psychosocial support
- Providing psycho-social support, including supportive counselling to patients and workers (clinical and non-clinical)
- Organising daily/weekly briefing and debriefing meetings with updated information on the response and to check on patients and frontline workers’ well-being and attend to those who may have special concerns.
- Reviewing and prioriting cases
- Overseeing the functioning of weekly wellness meetings/groups per sub district with the assistance of mentored sub district leads/counsellors
- Refer for continuation sessions to external service provider – as mental health sessions/interventions are intense and continuous
- Assisting in educating patients and their families on COVID-19 and TB prevention and management as well as on infection prevention measures.
- Linking patients to external service providers when necessary (e.g. quarantine sites, Department of Social Development)
- Ensuring optimal care, protection of human rights for patients and coordination services, including referrals as per need (this must be in line with the Department of Health regulations in the district).
- Liaising with community networks and partners
- Conducting advocacy activities required to reduce stigma and discrimination against people with COVID-19/TB.
- Compiling periodic reports
- Performing any administrative duties as requested by the organisation
- A 4 year bachelors degree in Social Work
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP), and proof of registration with SACSSP.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the public health sector/clinical social work service delivery. Experience of working in the TB/HIV sector will be an added advantage
- Experience in working directly with persons who have chronic health conditions.
- Proven experience in all primary social work methods.
- Experience of working in high-risk communities
- Fluency in English and 1 local language
- Preparedness to work after hours and weekends occasionally.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literacy.
- Driver’s License a necessity.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 16th September 2020.
Guess this advert on Aquity Innovations NPC was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.