AJ PERSONNEL Jobs 2020 are available for those qualified. Apply now for the AJ PERSONNEL job postions before the closing date.
On this page We will treat the following: AJ PERSONNEL Vacancies, AJ PERSONNEL Jobs 2020, AJ PERSONNEL Recruitment Application form 2021, Job portal, job postitions…
The Employment board of AJ PERSONNEL announces job positions that are available for Applicants. The AJ PERSONNEL Vacancies comes with requirements which One must meet to stand a chance.
A Clinical Associate position is available (6 Months Fixed Term Contract) at our client, Wits Health Consortium’s Empilweni Services and Research Unit (ESRU) in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (“WHC“) is a wholly owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition WHC offers a range of products and services to the Academics conducting these activities in order to assist with the management thereof.
The Empilweni Services and Research Unit (ESRU) based within the Department of Paediatrics and Child Health at the RMMCH is one of the newest officially recognized members of the Faculty of Health Sciences at Wits. The unit obtained official recognition in late 2014.
Historically, this unit grew out of a need to provide Antiretroviral access to HIV-infected children receiving care within the Department of Paediatrics at Wits.
Professor Ashraf Coovadia along with Professor Tammy Meyers (Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital CHBAH) and Dr Dalo Ndiweni (Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital – CMJAH) initially created the Wits Paeds Group which was a network of Paediatric HIV clinics that provided state-of-the art services to infants and children who were HIV-exposed or HIV-infected. This group later called the Wits Paediatric HIV Clinics, continued to grow in staffing as well as began research projects at the Harriet Shezi Children’s HIV clinic at CHBAH. In 2000 clinical research began within the Paediatric HIV services at RMMCH which was later called the Empilweni Clinic. Empilweni was chosen as its name as it is translated from isiZulu as ‘a place of life’.
Main purpose of the job
To assist Medical Officers with clinical research activities and to provide health care to patients participating in clinical trials according to study protocols
Location: Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Johannesburg
Key performance areas
- Plan, implement and complete the clinical research activities for clinical trials and epidemiological studies in accordance with Good Clinical Practice and Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform study-related procedures, blood draws and nasopharyngeal aspirates/swabs on infants, young children and adults including pregnant woman
- Daily follow-up of participants
- Completion of study visit logs and entering into study visits and results into database
- Conduct illness visits on participants and treat as required
- Abstract data from medical files and laboratory results, and enter into case report forms
- Strategic review and management of clinical trials i.e. devising systems and processes to ensure effective and efficient study conduct
- SAE and Endpoint data reporting
- Quality assurance of the study file source data, i.e. clinical source notes and CRF’s
- Staff Management and training
- Writing of protocols and submissions to Ethics committee
Required minimum education and training
- Bachelor of Clinical Medical Practice or Equivalent
Required minimum work experience
- At least 1-2 years’ Research experience
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Clinical trials experience
- Good Clinical Practice
- Excellent clinical skills
- Computer literacy in MS Word and MS Excel
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail, Motivated, Organised, Friendly, Professional
Demands of the job
- May be required to work on COVID studies
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 29 June 2020.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.