Want to know about South African Theological Seminary? Here are facts that everyone connected to SATS in any way has to know.
South African Theological Seminary mission is to provide Biblical, Christocentric distance education and training to Christians, and leaders in particular, within their local church environment, to equip them to be Holy Spirit empowered members of God’s household.
about South African Theological Seminary List of Campuses
When it first opened, St Augustine was situated in rented property on the site of the old Union Observatory in Johannesburg. Thanks to the support of the Catholic Diocese of Rottenburg-Stuttgart in Germany, in 2001, St Augustine purchased its present campus from the Holy Family Centre, at 53 Ley Road in Victory Park, Johannesburg.
Awesome Facts about SATS
When you enrol at SATS, you meet a team of committed believers who are passionate about serving Jesus by serving you. Our team is creative, innovative, dedicated, and enthusiastic about the way they teach and serve your study needs. When you enrol at SATS, you can expect to
- grow under the teaching of a seminary and a team of lecturers who believe the Bible and love the Lord (Luke 6:40);
- receive a fully-accredited qualification that is respected worldwide;
- love the convenience of instant online access to everything you need for your studies;
- experience a challenging programme that maintains high academic standards;
- enjoy fast, friendly service from academic and administrative staff;
- join a seminary that responds to the needs and inputs of its students;
- interact with peers from all around the world who love Jesus, making new friends in the process;
- learn from a diverse team of highly-qualified academics who love Jesus and the truth;
- grow with a ministry that is innovative in its use of technology;
- benefit from a programme that is simultaneously thoroughly biblical and deeply practical;
- engage with lecturers who are actively engaged in theological research;
- and rest in the knowledge that our staff prays daily for our students.
SATS Webinars and Conspectus Journal
SATS has hosted several webinars focusing on Pentecostalism in the Global South and Paul’s Theology on Men and Women. Such reputable scholars as Cynthia Long Westfall and Craig S. Keener have been the keynote speakers for these events.
SATS also has a peer-reviewed academic journal called Conspectus that releases two issues per year that includes research articles, book reviews, and theses summaries. The purpose of the journal is to “provide a forum for scholarly Bible-based theological research and debate. The journal commits to operate within an evangelical framework, namely, one that is predominantly classical and historically orthodox in its interpretive approach, and that affirms the inspiration and authority of the Judeo-Christian Scriptures. The journal seeks to publish well-researched essays and reviews on a broad range of suitable biblical and theological topics that are as clear and accessible as possible for the benefit of both specialist and non-specialist readers.” The senior editor is Dr. Zoltan Erdey (PhD SATS) and the assistant editor is Dr. Robert Falconer (PhD SATS).
Latest News on South African Theological Seminary
Here is the list of links to latest on South African Theological Seminary today
Still wanna know more awesome facts about SATS 2020? Contact @