The You Can Apply For NSFAS At A Teachers Centre are currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
Did you know that you have more options and can apply for a NSFAS bursary at Teachers’ Centres? Well, now you know. NSFAS has opened their applications for 2021 funding and will close them on the 30th of November.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has now formed a partnership with the Department of Basic Education and this will allow prospective students to apply for a NSFAS bursary at one of the fifteen teachers’ centres nationwide.
The aim of the partnership is to reach out to those students who meet the requirements and in need of financial assistance but unable to access NSFAS funding. This is usually due to lack of internet facilities or application resources in their areas.
– Spokesperson for NSFAS, Phatisa Ntlonze
The Teachers’ Centres Available To Applicants Are As Follows:
- Sizweni Teachers’ Centre (Newcastle)
- King Cetshwayo Teachers’ Centre (Empangeni)
- Zululand Teachers Centre (Vryheid)
- Hammersdale Teachers’ Centre
- Ugu Teachers’ Centre (Harding)
- Umlazi Teachers’ Centre (Durban central business district)
- Pinetown Teachers’ Centre
- Xhariep District Teachers’ Centre (Koffiefontein)
- Lusikisiki Teachers’ Centre
- Amathole Teachers’ Centre (Butterworth)
- Libode Teachers’ Centre
- Sterkspruit Teachers’ Centre
- Mondi Science, Career Guidance and FET Skills Centre (Piet Retief)
- Nkangala Teachers’ Centre (Maganagobushwa)
- Bohlabela Teachers’ Centre (Graskop)
“These centres are also available to use for free for grade nine pupils who have an interest in studying at any Technical and Vocational Education and Training colleges. Out of school youth who require funding can also use these centres,” said Ntlonze.
NSFAS has also embarked on a mission to assist people all over with applying for financial aid support. NSFAS officials are travelling all over during an application drive to give assistance to anyone planning on studying in 2021. This is NSFAS’ latest efforts to help the youth of South Africa unlock their futures.
Those individuals needing help with their NSFAS applications should make sure to not waste a trip and visit the NSFAS offices as they are closed. You can however visit an NYDA or Teachers’ centre where they will assist you with whatever you need.
Those wishing to find funding for their 2021 year of studying are advised to keep an eye on NSFAS’ social media pages as they give updates on where they’ll be visiting next and be sure to bring the required supporting documents so they can help you with your application.