The iThemba rape and trauma Jobs 2020 for Chief Social Worker available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Chief Social Worker in The iThemba rape and trauma.
The iThemba rape and trauma support centre is a nonprofit organisation, dedicated to offering comprehensive care for the survivors of traumatic events, as well as their family and friends. This care includes counseling, treatment for physical trauma, prevention of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases and the careful gathering of forensic evidence.
Job Title: Chief Social Worker
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Start Date: 15 December 2020 until 30 April 2021.
Manage all staff at the Braamfontein Centre (20) and Social Workers of the Benoni VEP and Benoni VEC.
The purpose of this Chief Social Worker position is to provide supervision and professional guidance to the iThemba Social Workers in the VEP and VEC services.Manage all staff at the Braamfontein Centre (20) and Social Workers of the Benoni VEP and Benoni VEC.
- Develop and execute a practical monthly debriefing schedule for all Social Workers and Social Auxiliary Workers.
- Develop and facilitate a plan for the growth and development of professional staff in the field of Victim Empowerment services.
- Implement a monthly Social Work Departmental meeting that encourages cross pollination of experience and ideas in iThemba.
- Must have a degree in Social Work, obtained from a recognised and registered university.
- Be registered as a social worker at the SACSSP.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years chief social work experience. Supervisory experience large teams will be an advantage.
- Must not have a criminal record or pending disciplinary procedures.
- Be trustworthy and have the values of honesty and care.
- The candidate needs to have demonstrable skills in organising, planning, implementing social work activities and leading professional staff.
- Takes full accountability for the performance of Social Work department.
- Display effective decision-making ability.
- Be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Be in the possession of a valid driver’s licence and must be able to drive competently.
- Travel between all 10 centres is essential.
- Client casework management
- Supervision and debriefing of all social work staff
- Identifying, Planning and coordinating training programmes
- Generating monthly reports to DSD, DCS and the board
- Planning community-based outreach
- Serving as an ex-officio board member
- Serving as an Executive Committee member
- Serving as a brand ambassador at all events
- Petty Cash management
- Attend DSD and DCS sponsored training and workshops
Send your application with the necessary attachments – CV, certified copies of your qualification/s, identity document, drivers licence, proof of payment and registration with SACSSP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Monday, 7 December, 2020
Guess this advert on The iThemba rape and trauma was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.