The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) Jobs 2020 for Associate Director available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Associate Director in The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI).
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
CHAI approaches some of the most pressing issues in global health with a business-oriented strategy to fundamentally change the underlying economics. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for diagnosis and treatment; accelerating access to lifesaving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs. By addressing global market failures and accelerating access to the most effective, high-quality health products at affordable and sustainable prices, CHAI helps patients access the care and treatment they need.
Over the last few decades, South Africa’s Department of Health (DoH) has made significant progress in increasing access to services addressing three major communicable diseases in South Africa (HIV, TB & Malaria). However, gaps still exist. TB & HIV continue to be a significant contributors to overall mortality rates and wide variations persist in quality and access to comprehensive, integrated healthcare services,. To address these challenges, CHAI South Africa’s (CHAI SA) team is supporting the DoH at national and provincial levels to implement a broad range of activities, across demand generation, supply chain strengthening, service delivery expansion, innovative diagnostic improvement and strengthened program monitoring and evaluation, , aimed at significantly increasing uptake of quality health services for service users affected by these diseases. This is done through the provision of technical assistance to support the development and deployment of strategic and operational plans, resource optimization in the short and long term and galvanizing key stakeholder coordination.
CHAI is seeking an experienced senior manager with extensive experience in health to play a leadership role in the Communicable Disease programme cluster in South Africa. The Associate Director will shape strategy, manage and provide technical input to a large and diverse CHAI team across the areas of communicable and other diseases. They will work with a range of partners and subject matter experts and report into CHAI South Africa’s leadership team. The Associate Director will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and report to CHAI South Africa’s Senior Deputy Country Director.
Job Title: Associate Director
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise a team of CHAI staff working at the national and provincial levels providing strategic direction, managerial and technical support across the portfolio;
- Work with CHAI staff, government officials and other partners in program areas.
- Identification of new market initiatives and grant opportunities
- Work with CHAI staff ,government officials and other partners in the scale-up of health services including strategy and design, development and implementation of evidence-based strategic and operational plans;
- Manage senior level stakeholder relationships; coordinate and participate in technical working groups;
- Oversee the development and implementation of regular activity-based work plans and budgets for the program and monitor overall program progress to ensure that deliverables and milestones are met in a timely fashion;
- Oversee program data to allow for monitoring and evaluation of the program and reporting against program indicators;
- Assume responsibility for the program budget including liaising with CHAI global headquarters and donors, ensuring compliance with CHAI and donor rules and regulations, tracking expenditures, forecasting costs, and ensuring sound financial transactions;
- Prepare annual donor reports and other external program reports as needed;
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, local and international partners, donors and NGOs and ensure coordination of resources and efforts towards national objectives;
- Provide regular reports on program and work progress to the Senior Deputy Country Director and Country Director as required.
Qualifications: CHAI works in a fast-paced and results-driven environment. This individual would manage a growing team, at national and provincial levels, and shape CHAI’s engagement. Thus, they should have substantial managerial experience in comparable organisations, exceptional communication and analytical skills, be a strong strategic thinker and be able to adapt to differing program needs. CHAI places great value on commitment to excellence, resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, flexibility, independence, energy, work ethic and humility.
Qualifications and advantages include the following:
- Advanced degree in a related field such as health economics, public health, financial management, business or management preferred
- 10 to 15 years of managerial experience in demanding, results-oriented environments in the public sector and/or private sector, with a preference for health services (in particular HIV, TB and malaria).
- Entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems, in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment;
- Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term program objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals;
- Experience in designing, managing and implementing large and long-term projects;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and quantitative skills, including attention to detail and experience in modeling;
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word;
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to deploy established management experience to address and synthesize a broad range of information;
- Ability to navigate ambiguous and complex processes and be flexible;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to achieve consensus amongst stakeholders;
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal;
- Willingness to travel within South Africa as needed.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (“CHAI”) strives to be an equal opportunity employer and promotes fairness, respect, equality and dignity in the workplace. CHAI welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and encourages people from historically disadvantaged groups to apply.”
Please click on the link below:
Application Deadline: Monday, 30 November, 2020
Please Note: Current South Africa Department of Health employees will not be considered for this position
Guess this advert on The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.
Not what you wanted? Use Advanced search
- Duration: 0
Like the Article? If Yes, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel. You can also catch up with us on Facebook, Thanks.