Sustainet Group Jobs 2020 for Agricultural Value Chain & Private Sector Promotion Specialist available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Agricultural Value Chain & Private Sector Promotion Specialist in Sustainet Group.
Sustainet E.A. is a Non- governmental organization promoting sustainable agricultural practices in East and Horns of Africa. Our network includes 209 NGOs/CBOs from the region with a reach out of 1.5 million small-holder farmers. Sustainet E.A. Focuses on promotion of sustainable agricultural practices aimed at eradicating hunger and poverty through increasing agricultural productivity and profitability while conserving the utilization of the natural resources. Sustainet came into being as an initiative by the German Council for Sustainable Development through “programme of action 2015: Poverty reduction- a Global Responsibility”, in 2003. The project was piloted in three regions of East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania), Asia (India) and Latin America (Peru and Bolivia) www.sustainet.org. However in 2009 founding member organizations from East Africa region at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) resolved to legally register the initiative as an international NGO
- Taking stock and analysing the value chains to be promoted and pre-selected.
- Taking stock and assessing the actors involved.
- Follow-up support for successful graduates with BDS in selected WSK in cooperation with agricultural training centers and youth organizations.
- Implementation/organization of needs-based qualification packages with certified private sector-recognised qualifications for young people in selected WSK (agripreneurship, production techniques, etc.) by age group (under and over 23 years) by ATVET and other institutions including incentive systems for disadvantaged target groups/youth champions.
- Innovation in innovative advisory approaches in the agri-food sector (private sector, civil society, peer-to-peer, ICT platforms (co-creation) and mass media.
- Co-ordinating in the development of and following private sector advice to improve the range of products and services especially for young entrepreneurs (standards, needs, etc)
- B.Sc. or higher in economics or comparable subject area
- Language : English (C1), Swahili (B2), Luo or Luhya (B1)
- 10 years of experience in rural private sector support, agricultural advise.
- 5 years of experience in competence-based education and training and advice to increase employability, e-extension
- 2 years of management experience.
- 5 years of regional experience in sub-Saharan Africa.
- 5 years of cooperation with development partners
- Experience in working with civil society and youth organizations
The applicant should have following soft skills:
- Communication skills
- Sociocultural competence
- Partner- and customer-oriented, efficient action
- Interdisciplinary thinking
How To apply
Closing Date : 21st July 2020
Guess this advert on Sustainet Group was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.
See More: Sustainet Group