Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme In Hungary is currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
The Hungarian Government is offering 100 scholarships to South African students to study at participating public university in Hungary.
All courses available for South Africans are taught in English, however all Bachelor’s and Master’s students will be required to pass a course in Hungarian as a foreign language.
Who can apply for the scholarship?
• South African citizens in good health;
• Have a strong academic record:
o Bachelor’s applicants require a minimum average of 70% in their NSC (excluding LO);
o Postgraduate applications should have performed well in their previous studies with a minimum 65% average mark achieved in their previous studies;
• An interest in studying in Hungary and demonstrated commitment to the development of South Africa;
• Available and eligible to study in Hungary from September 2020;
• Meet the entry criteria for their selected programme in Hungary;
• Meet the minimum academic requirement for entry into a similar programme at a South African
Priorities / preferences:
– Bachelor’s applicants below the age of 30 as of 1 September 2022;
– Postgraduate applicants below the age of 45 as of 1 September 2022;
– Applicants who do not already have a degree at the same level as the one for which they are applying.
Conditions of Bursary
Only applications submitted on the Stipendium Hungaricum website by 15 January 2022 will be assessed by the South African Department of Higher Education and Training for nominations.
PHD applicants are required to visit the Hungarian Doctoral Council website before submitting their application. The website provides information about the Hungarian doctoral schools, available research field and research topics as well as the supervisors of the doctoral students. Thesis topic proposals are also available http://www.doktori.hu/index.php?menuid=115&lang=EN
How to Apply
Kindly refer to the list with specific fields of study supported for South African applicants.
Bachelor’s and Master’s applicants must apply for a course on this list to be considered for the scholarship.
Doctoral applicants can apply for any field of study. The available study programmes and institutions are available in the online application system (https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/ ). Doctoral applicants must have a letter from their proposed Hungarian supervisor and submit this with their application.
Applicants are required to complete the online application on the Stipendium Hungaricum website by the deadline indicated and fulfil all requirements as stipulated https://apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu/.
In addition to the requirements indicated on the Stipendium Hungaricum website, South African applicants must upload the following documents as part of their online application (applications that do not comply with the below will not be considered):