Soul City Institute Jobs 2020 for Programs Officer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Programs Officer in Soul City Institute.
Soul City Institute is an intersectional feminist organisation and our mission is to ensure that young women and girls enjoy substantive equality, with access to resources and opportunities that enable this. The Organisation promotes a society where all people share a common humanity, respect for human rights, and a fair allocation of resources. As an intersectional feminist organisation, Soul City Institute recognises the multiple and interconnecting oppressions experienced by women through supremacies that include race, gender and class.
Job Title: Programs Officer
Location: Northern Cape- John Taolo Gaetswewe District,Sub-District (Joe Morolong).
Report to: The Cluster Manager
The purpose of this position is to assist the cluster manager to implement the SCI programme strategy at provincial level in order to achieve the SCI’s objectives.
- Co-ordination and monitoring of projects
- Effectively support the cluster manager in rolling out the planned programmes in the province which includes:
- coordinating the preparation and monitoring of project plans,
- co-ordinate incoming and outgoing communication with clubs and determine the appropriate follow up action required,
- Identify diverse community based organisations to partner with for innovative campaign execution,
- Oversee/supervise volunteers and facilitate their fieldwork to ensure it aligns to the SOPs of the different programmes
- Oversee and maintain above board relations with service providers/suppliers in the district in accordance with the terms and conditions of their relevant contracts,
- Together with the cluster manager, conduct community mapping and ongoing intelligence gathering for project risk and opportunities,
- In consultation with the cluster manger, develop and implement project plans for the training and fieldwork activities required to support clubs in the province.
- Co-ordinate the logistical support required for the implementation of training, fieldwork and monitoring activities in the province,
- Develop and implement distribution plans for programmes.
- Monitoring and capturing of fieldwork activities
- Support the cluster manager in the development and implementation of a monitoring plan (including visits) for the allocated district .
- Collect data from volunteers and clubs and capture into the agreed system/template
- Ensure that data collected is captured correctly and it meets the required M&E standards.
- Collate captured data into a monthly report using agreed templates
- Ensure to have the relevant data collection tools: attendance registers, dialogue and training reports and evaluation forms and other relevant tools which the M&E team will provide as and when required.
- Capture visual and audio footage of various activities.
- In consultation with the cluster manager , prepare and deliver presentations at relevant meetings and forums.
- Relationship Building and Management:
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders at provincial and district levels.
- In consultation with the cluster manager prepare, deliver and represent Soul City in various meetings and forums
- Project Cycle Management:
- Prepare and submit monthly reports.
- Administration and project planning.
- Maintain and grow the programme’s sourcing opportunities to extend the brand with various stakeholders.
- Provide the necessary administrative support and assistance for the implementation of the projects at provincial and district levels.
- Financial Management:
- Co-ordinate the receipt, checking and submission of invoices to the provincial manager in order to facilitate timeous payments.
- Assist with the procurement, and payment of service providers/suppliers.
- Comply with all financial policies and procedures (including procurement).
- Undertake spending with regard to value for money and ensure that service provider pricing is competitive.
- Reporting and General:
- Generate and distribute monthly reports from the agreed M&E system/database.
- Generate ad hoc reports from the database, as and when required by management.
- Comply with all financial policies and procedures.
- Assist with general administration in the social mobilisation unit, as and when required.
- Human Resources Management:
- Participate in the recruitment of provincial volunteers and service providers where required.
- In consultation with the cluster manager, identify own training and coaching requirements to achieve optimal performance.
- Represent the organization at provincial and district levels with a high level of professionalism, efficiency and ethics.
- Comply with all HR policies and procedures.
- A 3 year diploma, a degree or an equivalent qualification in communication, education, health, public health, social science or social work.
- At least 3 years experience in the health and/or development sector.
- Experience in developing educational materials would be an added advantage.
- Experience and understanding of children and youth sector issues is essential.
- Knowledge of all legislation relevant to children’s issues i.e. the Child Protection Act, The Constitution of South Africa, etc.
- Knowledge of the edutainment development process would be an added advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office – including word, powerpoint and outlook.
- Microsoft Excel profiency is essential.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Communication skills in other South African languages would be an added advantage.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- Meticulous and able to pay attention to detail.
- Able to interpret data and information in order to generate reports.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Self-motivated, a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Able to use own initiative and take ownership of his/her tasks.
- Good team player.
- Valid Driver License
- Own transport
Peromnes Grade 9
Please forward your CV and Cover letter to:
Application Deadline: Thursday, 10 September, 2020
Guess this advert on Soul City Institute was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.