The SIOC Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) Bursary are currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
SIOC-cdt will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Agriculture (specialisation: Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural engineer food technologist/ Environmental officer/ Food technician/ Livestock product analyst/ Veterinarian)
- Commerce (specialisation: Accounting/ Auditing and Tax/ Economics)
- Education (specialisation: BEd.Foundation Phase/ BEd.Natural Science/ BEd.FET Mathematics/ BEd.FET Physical Science/ Economics and Management Science/ Language/ Special Needs)
- Engineering and Science (specialisation: Architecture/ Civil Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Geology/ Quantity Surveying)
- Health (specialisation: Advanced EMS/ Dentistry/ MBChB/ Nursing/ Pharmacy)
- Information Technology (specialisation: Computer Sciences/ Software Development)
- Law (specialisation: LLB)
- Tourism (specialisation: Arts and Culture Heritage/ Ecotourism Management/ Hospitality Management)
- *Other qualifications will also be considered
The Sishen Iron Ore Company-Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt) was formed by Kumba Iron Ore Limited in the year 2006, in order to invest in developming the communities within which the company operates.
Since the bursary programme was implemented, SIOC-cdt has provided over 550 bursaries to deserving underprivileged students in its beneficiary communities, to complete their studies higher education institutions across the country.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Reside in beneficiary communities (John Taolo Gaetsewe District in the Northern Cape/ Thabazimbi Local Municipality in Limpopo/ Tsantsabane Local Municipality in ZF Mgcawu District in the Northern Cape)
- Under the age of 35 years
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 65% on latest academic results
- Intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Accepted to study at a recognised public University/ University of Technology/ College within South Africa
- Proven financial need (based on household income)
- Preference will be given to students with disabilities