Sanlam Jobs 2020 for Foundation School Coordinator: Group Brand available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Foundation School Coordinator: Group Brand in Sanlam.
Sanlam was established as a life insurance company in South Africa but has since transformed into a diversified financial services group that operates across the African continent, India, Malaysia and selected developed markets, with listings on the Johannesburg, A2X and Namibian stock exchanges. In 2018 the Group celebrated its centenary as well as 20 years since demutualisation and listing in South Africa and Namibia. Sanlam is one of the 50 largest internationally active insurance groups in the world with a presence in 44 countries and has the biggest non-banking financial services footprint on the African continent.
The five business clusters (Personal Finance, Investments, Emerging Markets, Corporate, and Short-term insurance) house the Group’s business operations. The Group Office serves as the ‘glue’ that keeps the Group together by providing strategic direction and support to the five clusters to assist them in meeting their business objectives. The Group Office is responsible for the Group’s centralised functions, which include: Finance, Actuarial and Risk Management, Information Technology, Human Resources, Market Development and Brand Services, which includes the Sanlam Foundation.
Job Title: Foundation School Coordinator: Group Brand
The Foundation School Coordinator will assist the Project Manager during the development of major projects from commencement to completion. This position will also monitor progress of the development projects within their area of responsibility and assist the Project Manager with documentation when necessary. The projects could be associated with any discipline e.g. construction, property, engineering, information technology et cetera. The Blue Ladder Schools Foundation School Coordinator will oversee the operations and execution of the agreed Blue Ladder School Remediation infrastructure project actions at the identified schools. The Field Coordinator will also be responsible for all school leadership, community and service provider communication and relationship management.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Supporting and overseeing the day-to-day implementation of the Blue Ladder Schools (BLS) remediation project at the field sites (schools)
- Ensure that the BLS remediation project lands on time, within scope and budget
- Provide constructive supervision to the 3rd part service Project Mangers to implement, monitor and evaluate work plans, and M&E mechanisms
- Work in close collaboration with the Programme Manager: Education and Foundation Operations Manager
- In close coordination with the Finance Department, manage and monitor the project budgets and ensure proper financial, logistics and information management systems and control mechanisms are in place and adhered to the Foundation’s finance policies
- Review and ensure timely submission of finance and progress reports from the field site as required
- Represent the Sanlam Foundation with local government authorities, primarily the School leadership and Management teams, Department of Basic Education (DoE) District Managers and Local Traditional Authorities
The Foundation School Coordinator must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma with 3-5 years’ experience OR programme management qualification (PRINCE 2 or Project Management Practitioner (PMP)
- 3-5 years of project / programme management, including knowledge and application of principles, methods and techniques of project management.
- Worked on projects related to NGO sector/development, including understanding of measurement and evaluation principles and approaches
- Exposure to wider sustainability thinking and specifically environmental sustainability
- Managing all aspects of multiple projects of different sizes and familiarity with budgeting and financial reporting systems, including writing reports
The following will give candidates an advantage:
- Experience working within SA public schooling system
Application Deadline: Friday 09th October 2020
Guess this advert on Sanlam was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.