SALC Jobs 2020 for Executive Director / Co-Executive Director available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Executive Director / Co-Executive Director in SALC.
SALC seeks to appoint an Executive Director who is a visionary with exceptional leadership skills, to drive the organisation forward as we build on 15 years of achievements and face new strategic challenges. You will be responsible for leading and guiding SALC’s strategic vision through managing internal and external processes that seek to deepen the objectives of the organisation.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director provides the vision, leadership, and overall direction to the programme activities, management, and administration of SALC.
Job Title: Executive Director / Co-Executive Director
Location: South Africa
- Support the Board of Trustees in determining the strategic direction of SALC and ensuring the development of key associated documents including, but not limited to strategic plans, budgets and fundraising strategies, annual reports and reviews, and board reports.
- Guide the management team and staff in the development and execution of programme-specific plans.
- Provide oversight and direction on impact cases, case identification and case selection.
- Provide oversight and accountability for planning, programme design and delivery of objectives, strategies, plans and budgets in compliance with SALC’s contractual obligations with funders, and SALC’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed outputs of the programmes in accordance with the established budget and Board approved plans.
- Monitor the expenditures of the organisation in accordance with Board approved plans and policies, maintaining accountability for financial probity and risk management (including financial risk, risk to staff, reputational risk etc.).
- Provide day-to-day supervision and mentoring of staff.
- Act as lead spokesperson for SALC, representing SALC in public fora and the media.
- Manage the relationship with current and prospective funders including oversight of reporting to donors.
- Extensive organisational management experience, evidenced by previous positions involving administration and direct supervision of staff, ideally in organisations comparable to SALC.
- Extensive fundraising experience and track record in fundraising and reporting to donors.
- Extensive experience in strategic litigation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the thematic areas that the organisation operates in.
- Demonstrable legal practice experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of the human rights and political context in the region and an expertise in understanding of the international human rights legal framework, and relevant regional and national legal frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience and capability as a leader who can influence the direction of SALC’s impact within the region, including by identifying and accessing the most effective channels for advocacy, and maintaining an active network of contacts in governments, NGOs and the media regionally and domestically.
- A degree in law is required; LL.M and other advanced degrees are desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-admission experience in legal practice and managing NGOs.
- Excellent English language skills, French/Portuguese is desirable.
The full terms of reference for this position are on https://www.southernafricalitigationcentre.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/SALC-ED-Full-TOR.pdf.
Send your CV, motivation letter and contact details of three contactable referees which must include your current employer to email@example.com.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us after 6 months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Please include 3 references, one of which should be an external auditor at your current position.
For more about the Southern Africa Litigation Centre, refer to www.southernafricalitigationcentre.org
Application Deadline: Tuesday, 20 October, 2020
Guess this advert on SALC was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.