The Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries are currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
The Poliomyelitis Research Foundation (PRF) invites applicants to apply for bursaries for the 2021 academic year.
PRF was founded in the late 1940’s, as a non-governmental organisation to conduct research into the poliomyelitis (polio) disease.
Every year the PRF provides funding for deserving students through bursaries, research grants, travel grants and fellowships. From 1977 to 2016, they granted over R144 million in research funds with R44 million going for bursary grants.
The Poliomyelitis Research Foundation are awarding bursaries to deserving students, pursuing their studies towards one of the following qualifications:
- MSc Renewal
- PhD Renewal
Each bursary has 2 closing dates each year: 28 February 2021 and 15 September 2021.
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Studying towards one of the aforementioned postgraduate qualifications
- NOT employed full-time
- Achieved a minimum overall mark of 60%
- *For BScHons, preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the PRF directly:
Poliomyelitis Research Foundation
Contact Person: Mrs Irma Latsky
Tel: 011 555 0395
Scientific Advisory Panel of the PRF
C/O the National Institute for Communicable Diseases
Private Bag X4
Masters students will receive 2 years of bursary support, whereas PhD students will receive 3 years of bursary support (unless yours is an exceptional circumstance).
How to Apply:
Download the relevant application form and complete it. You will also need to submit the following:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of permanent residency if not a South African citizen (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record
- Full scope of your proposed research project
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “PRF Bursary Application – BScHons/ MSc/ MSc Renewal/ PhD/ PhD Renewal” in the email subject line).