Lushomo Jobs 2020 for Freelance communication manager (Contract) available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Freelance communication manager (Contract) in Lushomo.
Lushomo helps partner organisations do good by communicating complex information in a simple, effective way. We work mainly with United Nations clients in the areas of health, environment, education and economic development. Our job is to make it possible for our partner organisations to take their research and evidence and communicate it for real impact among a variety of audiences. We are mission-driven and only take on work that has a positive social impact. As a team we are growing and becoming leaders in information design and research communication.
We are looking for an experienced communications manager primarily to manage the design and layout of one hefty technical publication, but also help us with some overflow work on other projects as the need arises. You will have at least 5 years of experience as a project manager – ideally in the health, environment or development sectors – and be able to show examples of great work you have overseen.
Job Title: Freelance communication manager (Contract)
Location: Cape Town
You will have managed the development of a variety of communication materials, both print and digital. You will be a strong visual thinker, comfortable with managing graphic designers, able to create doodles and wireframes, and to deal with working under pressure with clients that respond erratically. You should also be able to work collaboratively with our team members, but also have the confidence and experience to drive the project independently.
Our work involves a range of print and digital work – sometimes using the latest digital approaches. If you have experience with managing projects involving UX, digital storytelling, cross-platform comms campaigns linking to social media etc, that would be advantageous.
The primary project we are looking for management support of is the design and layout of a 200-page technical (health research) publication. This will run over an approximately 3-month period through the end of this year. This layout, and other projects we will be asking for your support on, require flexibility around approach and working hours, a commitment to responding to erratic and unexpected requests from our clients, and a willingness to go the extra mile.
Duties will include:
- Potentially communicating directly with the client
- managing version control and client feedback for many different chapters/batches in parallel
- identifying and synthesizing technical information to visualise as infographics and figures
- proposing ideas for visualising different pieces of information, including summary graphics, figures and infographics, and creating design briefs
- delegating tasks to, and managing, graphic designers, editors, illustrators and others as needed
- adhering to what will be unpredictable and tight timelines, and making plans to complete work within necessary timeframes
- maintaining (tracking costs) and adhering to the project budget
- overseeing quality control at various stages to ensure a high-quality and error-free final product
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience overseeing the management of reports, brochures or other print products
- Ideally have overseen the development and maintenance of websites and social media channels
- Ideally have experience commissioning and managing creatives including from the fields of film, graphic design, web-development, animation, editorial and more.
- At least five years of project management experience including making project plans, delegating tasks and managing budgets and timelines
- Ability to work collaboratively with a dispersed team, while ‘owning’ a project and taking responsibility for its delivery on time and on budget
- Experience working within the UN system or for other large multilateral, government or non-profit groups in the health, environment or development fields
- A self-starter who doesn’t need micromanagement to see things through to completion
- Superb attention to detail, while simultaneously being able to keep an eye on the big picture.
If we find the right person we hope to create a long term freelance contractor relationship to help us with our (frequent) overflows or to discuss possible employment options beyond the initial project described above.
The ideal applicant would be available close to full time (ideally a flexible 20-40 hours per week) beginning as soon as possible through late December. Initially a fixed term contract, which we hope to renew or convert to a permanent position for the right candidate.
If you’re interested in joining the team please send your CV and a cover letter – outlining why you’re interested in Lushomo and why you’re the right person for this position – to [email protected]. For more information, visit www.lushomo.net.
Please follow us on Twitter for updates in relation to this job and others that often come up. https://twitter.com/Lushomo_Net
Application Deadline: Friday, 9 October, 2020
Guess this advert on Lushomo was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.