International Rivers Jobs 2020 for Africa Program Internship available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Africa Program Internship in International Rivers.
International Rivers envisions a world where healthy rivers and the rights of local communities are valued and protected. Since 1985, International Rivers has been at the heart of the global struggle to protect rivers and the rights of communities that depend on them. Armed with on the ground evidence and cutting edge research, International Rivers mobilizes civil society and communities to advocate for improved river basin governance, transparent and accountable energy infrastructure, and human rights. We have been the driving force behind iconic campaigns to protect the world’s greatest rivers from harmful projects, and pioneered global policy solutions.
We are a global organisation with offices in the United States, Asia, South America and Africa. Our small and nimble teams are leading effective campaigns in key regions and river basins around the world.
Job Title: Africa Program Internship
Location: South Africa
About the position
This internship position is located in the regional office for the Africa program in Pretoria, South Africa. The Intern will support our Africa program by providing campaign, communications and administrative support as related to our work on energy and climate related issues across the continent with a focus on French-speaking countries where we work.
1. Campaigns support
- Supporting the Africa Program in implementing campaigns against destructive dams, promoting clean renewable energy, and realising the rights of dam-affected people.
- Engaging and supporting our partners in the countries where we work.
- Assist with translation of correspondence to and from French speaking partners.
- Compiling a weekly update and briefing the team on relevant news regarding energy and climate etc.
- Conducting research on energy in Africa and topics relevant to existing and prospective Africa program campaigns.
- Assisting with workshop preparations.
2. Communications support
- Social media content development and management on Twitter and Facebook.
- Monitoring and archiving of media alerts and mentions.
- Assisting with research and drafting of factsheets, blogs and reports.
- Assisting with media outreach.
3. Administrative support
Provide administrative assistance to the Africa program in all aspects relating to the running of the Africa Program office, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with note taking during team meetings and meetings with partners.
- Providing logistical support and coordination of program events and meetings.
- Providing oversight on building/maintenance issues.
- Providing oversight with regards to temporary office cleaning support.
- Procure and purchase office supplies, stationery and equipment.
- An interest in the NGO sector and in environmental justice and human rights.
- Have an understanding of international Rivers’ vision, mission and strategy.
- Hold a degree or a postgraduate qualificationin a relevant field.
- Ability to work with colleagues and partners based in different locations and have an ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Proficiency in written and spoken French and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills over email, by phone and in person.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to prioritise, work within tight deadlines and deliver on time.
- South African resident/valid work or critical skills permit.
- Ability to work utilising remote platforms.
- Experience using MS Office
An internship stipend will be provided.
The position is located in Pretoria, ZA and will resume as soon as possible. It is a fixed-term internship for a period of six months with a possibility of renewal.
Please forward a comprehensive CV and motivation letter to [email protected] and indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject line of the email, namely, AFRICA PROGRAM INTERNSHIP.
Application Deadline:09 October 2020.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 30 working days after the closing date of this advertisement should regard their applications as unsuccessful.
International Rivers is committed to the principles of justice, and diverse perspectives and experiences to improve the way we work. We do our best to make staff positions accessible to all potential team members, and welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or identity.
For more information on International Rivers please visit the following website: www.internationalrivers.org
Guess this advert on International Rivers was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.