Interactive Research and Development South Africa Jobs 2020 for Data Officers available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Data Officers in Interactive Research and Development South Africa.
Interactive Research and Development South Africa (IRD SA NPC) is a South African Section 21 not-for-profit entity and an affiliate of Interactive Research and Development Global (IRD Global), and has fully operational offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria (Gauteng) and in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal).
Job Title: Data Officers
Location: City of Johannesburg x 3
Tshwane x 3
West Coast x 3
Cape Winelands x 3
Employment type: Fixed term contract
Reporting to: M&E Officer
To support Data Capturers to maintain the Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis and TB/HIV databases by verifying that all new and updated patients’ information are entered and to implement data quality practices at health facility or health district or organisations headquarters. To support and ensure data verification and validation of reported data (webDHIS) and source documents (TB data collection tools) are conducted at facility level.
Key Accountabilities (included but not limited to)
In your role as a Data Officer you will be accountable for:
- Roving to health facilities to perform accurate data capturing from paper-based tools onto EDRWeb/TIER.Net and ensure that all information to date has been captured
- Ensure that all data captured and entered has been verified for quality and consistence
- Routinely review collected data and perform DQA checks for the six data quality dimensions (i.e. validity, reliability, integrity, precision, and timeliness).
- Identify/resolve data discrepancies by monitoring data (review line listings, perform manual checks and ensure updates are reflected on the database)
- Data reconciliation across multiple databases
- Ensure capacity building and implementation of DHMIS policy, DHMIS Facility SOP and TB/HIV Data Management SOPs
- Conduct data validation and verification using various online and offline platforms
- Generate data and reports for submission to the relevant manager within the set time frames
- Use and implement the DHMIS policy, DHMIS Facility SOP and TB/HIV Data Management SOP at facility level
- Maintaining high standards of data security and keeping information confidential according to confidentiality agreement
- Complete weekly and monthly reporting templates accurately and ensure timely submission thereof
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant Diploma / Degree – advantageous
- At least 2 years data capturing and data monitoring experience (webDHIS, Tier.Net and EDRWeb).
- Valid driver’s license and own motor vehicle.
- Willingness and availability to travel and, on occasion, to work long and/or irregular hours
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team, often under deadline pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Must be pro-active, self-motivated, energetic, flexible, adaptive and innovative
- Strong computer literacy, with proficiency in:
- Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Power Point and Outlook/e-mail along with strong internet-based skills including methods of online communication (Skype, Social Media Platform, etc.)
- Basic analysis in TIER.net TB component/ EDRWeb
- Excellent attention to detail
- Data Capturer, M&E Officer, Enrolled Nursing Assistant, Social Auxiliary Worker, NIMDR-TB Professional Nurse, Community Healthcare Worker, Sub-District Coordinator
- TB, DR-TB and TB-HIV District and Facility Co-ordinators, District Department of Health, NGO’s, Partners, Private Sector
- Willingness and availability to travel within district
- On occasion, to work long and/or irregular /or after hours/ holidays and weekends if the needed to reach objective and deadlines
Interested candidates are welcome to apply, please provide two (2) current, relevant employment references. Submit a brief CV and supporting documents, indicating the job title in your cover letter and subject line on email to Lee-Anne Ogle: Human Resources Dept. @ fax +27 (0) 865722820 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Deadline: Friday, 6th October 2020
Kindly note that placement is dependent on project funding
Salary range CTC: Market Related. Bio-data will also be taken into consideration.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly regard your application as unsuccessful
IRD SA is an equal opportunity employer
Guess this advert on Interactive Research and Development South Africa was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.