Ikasi Youth Jobs 2020 for Fundraiser available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Fundraiser in Ikasi Youth.
Ikasi Youth is a non-profit organisation that started in the Imizamo Yethu township in Cape Town in 2013. Through their project in Imizamo Yethu they run leadership and life skills programmes for youth and provide them with academic support. They also partner with, train and mentor youth organisations to offer their leadership programme to youth in their communities.
Ikasi Youth programmes equip youth to take positive leadership in their lives, relationships, communities and ultimately South Africa. It also works towards reducing school dropout rates and increase youth employability. They are a small organisation in an exciting phase of growth and expansion.
Job Title: Fundraiser
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, RSA
Employment Type: Permanent part-time position
Remuneration: Between R6000 and R9000 per month
The purpose of this position is to find a highly effective fundraising professional to join their team in this critical new role. The position has significant growth opportunities, depending on the successful candidate’s level of success. The fundraiser will also be able to help Ikasi Youth build and implement a fundraising strategy to support their fundraising and programmatic goals. The successful candidate will manage an existing portfolio of individuals and family foundations, while also leading efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new donors and funding avenues.
- The Fundraiser will:
- Work with the Executive Director and board to design and implement Ikasi Youth’s fundraising strategy, including the development of a high-end giving circle of donors making unrestricted donations
- Raise the annual organisation budget of approximately R1.5 million
- Manage and grow Ikasi Youth’s fundraising portfolio consisting of donors giving at the R150 000+ level through relationship development, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Maintain accurate records of donors
- Research potential funding avenues and funding entities
- Effectively represent and articulate the work of Ikasi Youth and share the impact of our work with current and prospective donors in authentic and compelling ways through customized correspondence, reports, and stewardship plans
- Develop and administer Ikasi Youth’s social media content on the various social media platforms to attract new donors, cultivate current donors and build the Ikasi Youth brand
- Represent Ikasi Youth within the community at-large and generate qualified leads from conferences, functions, and events
- Stay abreast of key issues and trends in international development in general, and in the Youth Development sector in particular, and communicate these to donors and prospects
- As requested, assist with other aspects of fundraising strategy, marketing, and communications
- Passion for Ikasi Youth’s mission and values
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the Non-Profit sector as a fundraiser
- Proven track record of closing R50 000 gifts and reaching revenue targets
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to create a cohesive and compelling story that inspires funders to act
- Ability to represent Ikasi Youth to the public and media, including as a speaker or participant in conferences and events
- Extensive knowledge of professional fundraising standards, ethics, and practices
- Ability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours, availability for occasional domestic and international travel
- You are self-motivated and able to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment
- You are an effective communicator at all levels in an organisation, and have excellent verbal and written skills
- You possess an extremely high level of trustworthiness, integrity, and work ethic
- You have great organisational skills and can manage and effectively prioritise multiple tasks and projects at a time
- You take a proactive approach and bring a problem-solving attitude
- You love collaboration as well as independence, and can be flexible with work logistics and hours as needed to meet critical deadlines
- You have excellent judgment and do not hesitate to ask for guidance when you need more information
- You exhibit cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with remote team members
The organisation has a friendly work culture where each team member is valued. In return a high level of commitment is expected. Working for Ikasi Youth is a wonderful opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of youth.
- Work mostly from home, but will also be expected to attend meetings with team members as well as potential and existing donors
- 20 hours per week
- R800 Home Office Allowance per month
- 21 days Annual Leave
- Please email your CV, a Cover Letter, and a Contactable Reference to [email protected]
- Reference “Fundraiser Position” in the subject line
Guess this advert on Ikasi Youth was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.