Herotel Ongoing Employment Jobs 2021 for NOC Engineer available. See details below on how to apply for the position of NOC Engineer in Herotel Ongoing Employment .
Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position. The position will be based in Western Cape, Stellenbosch. The individual will report to the IP Core Engineers.
Job Title: NOC Engineer
Location: Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
Reference #: NOC_JP001
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
The Network Operations Centre (NOC) Engineer maintains the network and responds as necessary to incidents across the National Network. You will analyse problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response on the system and track problems through to resolution.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Managing, maintaining, and ensuring the accuracy of the Herotel Monitoring Systems (These report on the status and performance of the Herotel IP Core and, ISP Services).
• Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on the Herotel IP Core and Transmission network, liaising with NOC engineers when necessary, and handling escalation through to resolution).
• Provisioning (IP assignment, Core and Transmission Network configuration).
• Implementing and reporting of Scheduled and approved changes, where necessary escalate failed changes to IP Core engineers.
• Maintaining WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
• Development of knowledge and skills in networking and the relevant systems particularly those specific to the monitoring management and provisioning of the Herotel IP Core and Transmission network.
• Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly.
• Commissioning of Transmission nodes and fiber transmission links to the approved Herotel standard as the network expands.
• Responsible for the Monitoring and First Level support of the IP Core:
o Supporting and managing the Core IP equipment.
o Capacity and Route optimization management and reporting. o Assisting with WISP integration onto the centralized IP Core.
• Transmission network of HeroTel:
o Building, managing, and operating a national transmission network based on SR-MPLS. o Optimizing and manage route and traffic flows.
o Managing and leading WISP integration onto the National Transmission network.
• Assisting, testing, and implementing in conjunction with our WISP best practices for HeroTel’s RFC Process.
• Assisting with the development and implementation of RFCs by our WISP’s.
• Supporting our WISP with their internal MPLS deployments.
KPI (Key Performance Indicators) of NOC Engineers:
• To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance of all managed and monitored systems and services.
• To provide transmission and IPT services on transmission and IP Core Network.
• To provide support to assistance and support services for the IP Core Engineers
• To develop a good all-around understanding of systems and networks.
• Ability to multi-task and priorities work appropriately
• To ensure that any service-affecting outages are logged and where required escalated to the NOC engineers.
• To ensure that all service outages or interruptions are logged
• To continually follow up on the status of any logged and escalated outages and where require escalated to Service provider NOCs should the outage not be resolved within the allotted internal metrics escalate to IP Core Engineers.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills: –
• Minimum of 3 Years ISP / SP / WISP experience
• A high Level of Proficiency in working on Mikrotik Routers & Switches will be advantageous
• Mikrotik MPLS deployment experience would be advantageous
• Proficiency in oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• English and Afrikaans proficiency
• Proficiency in IP address and subnet planning and implementation. Both V4 & v6.
• Proficient in Routing Protocols both internal and External (OSPF/BGP/ISIS etc.)
• Proficient in L2 switching
• Proficiency Mac OS X would be a big win
• Experience with Juniper Equipment would be advantageous
• Own transport essential as shift work is essential in a 24/7 365 environment
• Must be able to work shifts
• Ability to analyze and define problems, prioritize workflow, multitask, meet deadlines and remain flexible
• Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment as well as when dealing with difficult calls/conflict situations
• Professional and pleasant disposition
• Strong and effective communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are essential
• Ability to use initiative, be proactive and self-motivated
• Diligence and attention to detail are key skills
• Work well under pressure
• Juniper/Cisco or other networking or other field related certifications advantages
• Mikrotik Certifications advantageous
• Any relevant Network related certification or qualification
Application Deadline: 17/05/2021
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.