The Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary are currently looking to fund undergraduates looking for scholarships.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust was established in terms of the Will of the late John Augustus Ion Agar-Hamilton. The aim of the trust is to award bursaries to assist academically-deserving students in need, in order that they may afford to pursue their studies at school, college, university or another educational institution within South Africa.
The Agar-Hamilton Trust offer a bursary award each year to male students who are under 25 years old, are English-speaking with a predominantly British descent and are members of the church belonging to the Anglican Communion. Students who are in school, college or university may apply if they have a strong academic record and are unable to afford their studies.
- South African citizen
- Under 25 years old on 1 January 2021
- Have a predominantly British descent
- Recognised member and active communicant of a church belonging to the Anglican Communion
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying at a at University, College or other educational institution
- Strong academic record
- Proven financial need
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Agar-Hamilton Trust directly:
Conditions of Bursary:
Bursaries are awarded for 1 year at a time and are renewable annually based on satisfactory academic performance.
The value of the bursary will be decided by the Trustees, on a case by case basis.
How to Apply:
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Proof of British descent (birth certificates, passports etc)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest academic report, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Testimonials from referees (see clause 7 of the application form for more information)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: RBA@Nedbank.co.za
The Agar-Hamilton Trust
PO Box 86
See More: Agar-Hamilton Trust Bursary Scholarship