Africa Check Jobs 2020 for Special Projects Manager (Full-time) available. See details below on how to apply for the position of a Special Projects Manager (Full-time) in Africa Check.
Africa Check is a non-profit organisation set up in 2012 to promote accuracy in public debate and the media in Africa. The goal of Africa Check’s work is to raise the quality of information available to society across the continent. Since 2012 we have fact-checked more than 1600 claims on topics from crime and race in South Africa to population numbers in Nigeria and fake health cures in countries around Africa.
Job Title: Special Projects Manager (Full-time)
Location: The Journalism Department of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg
The special projects manager is responsible for project managing the implementation of Africa Check’s various special projects across our four countries of operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project managing the successful execution of Africa Check’s special projects, including a new project involving our network of supporters to increase the reach and impact of our work
- Driving impactful and effective delivery through proactive and clear communication, strong team coordination and excellent planning
- Leading regular meetings with project teams to discuss progress, and to identify and manage risks
- Managing relationships with external service providers, ensuring their work meets the agreed specifications
- Contributing to impact tracking and assessment of Africa Check’s work, including reporting on a regular basis
- A bachelor’s degree
- Five years’ relevant experience
- Excellent results-driven project management skills
- Proven ability to apply creative solutions to problems
- Resilient self-starter who takes ownership of projects while working collaboratively in a team environment
- Proven ability to effectively prioritise when juggling multiple responsibilities while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build and grow effective relationships
- An interest in mis- and disinformation, specifically in Africa
- Experience working across diverse geographies and cultures (advantageous)
Submit a CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be ideal for the position to [email protected] using the following subject line: “Application special projects manager”. Should you not hear from us within two weeks from the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Application Deadline: 14 September 2020
Guess this advert on Africa Check was relevant to you. If not You can leave a comment below, telling Us
the kind of adverts you want to be getting from Us.
Regards from Applicationsa.